Voting

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

California- Day 1


My trip to San Diego did not start out so well.  I usually LOVE the window seat.  However, this time I was stuck there with 2 OVER-SIZED elderly individuals between me, freedom and the bathroom.  It was a 3 hour flight!  I thought I was gonna die.  Then when trying to exit the plane, these two individuals needed wheelchairs!

When I finally get to see Rider, I am ecstatic.  I’m ready to get my luggage and get the heck outta of the airport.  Well, my awesome, heavy duty Samsonite luggage is ripped!  It looks like an airplane has rolled over it and slammed it in a door!  And according to everyone's surprise, I didn’t pack that much!  So, I think I have everything and then have to go and claim it with the airline.  I would have been devastated had my personables been strewn about the baggage claim.  Good Heavens!  I get what they call a “replacement”.  Unless it’s Samsonite or some type of reputable line, it’s not a replacement.  















Thursday night- Dinner at Anthony’s Fish Grotto on the San Diego Bay.  The crab cakes were delicious and Rider’s shrimp was tasty!   Rider and I had been here before and the food was just as yummy.  I wish it had been light to be able to enjoy the bay and the view of the ships.  The last time we were here Lincoln graduated boot camp from MCRD- San Diego.  Did I mention, I am already jet-lagged by this point?   It would be midnight and I would be tucked away in bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment