Voting

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rider's Soft Patch Ceremony

June 3, 2010 Rider received his soft patch for his flight suit.  It's pretty snazzy with those 'wings of gold'.  We all couldn't be more proud.  The soft patch ceremony was pretty informal.  Each 'winger' choose an individual, such as an instructor, who has helped them along the way.  The 'winger' repays the instructor with their choice of liquor, or in Rider's case a very nice liquor and a case of Lone Star beer from the Lone Star State!  Those giving the soft patches also share stories, mostly made up of false experiences or embellishments.  Most were hilarious and too crude for me to type!  It was a a great, however long (24 wingers!), gathering.

Earlier in the day, Rider showed everyone the helicopter that he has been training in, the Bell Ranger.  It's a four seater- and that's about that.

 














Here's my attempt at sitting in the pilot seat.  I think I look pretty good, however, I will leave the complicated flying stuff to Rider and his buddies.  Look at all of those gauges and instruments! I am so glad there are people in this world who can keep all that straight! 

 
 

This day would not be complete without giving a 'shout out' to both of our families whose unending support helped Rider and I get to where we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment